Jesus said in the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) that we’re to do everything we can to bring His message and ministry to people all around the world. That’s what our annual CHRISTMAS/MISSIONS OFFERING is all about. Every year at this time we encourage our Church members/attendees to rise up and give sacrificially to this offering that goes directly to support Missions ministries, Missions activities, and Missionaries. This year’s Everyone Needs Jesus Christmas/Missions Offering will be used to:
- Provide support to Compassion ministries such as Orphanages, organizations that rescue people from Sex Trafficking, and Foster Care ministries
- Help launch a Transitional Housing Facility for Women
- Support special projects our Celebration Missionaries will be involved within 2019
- Provide training for Pastors and Church Leaders nationally and internationally
- Support Local Missions Projects (i.e., Inner City Serve Days and Ministry events)
- Support our Life Transformation Center that provides help and encouragement in many ways to children, teens and senior adults in the Hollygrove/Dixon community
- Help fund the start-up of new Churches locally and internationally
- Provide Benevolence Funding for the elderly and disadvantaged
- Support the distribution of Bibles around the world through the Gideon’s Ministry
In 2018 we received over $90,000 for our Christmas Missions offering. This year our Goal is to receive $100,000 to support the projects and opportunities mentioned above. It’s been our Church’s practice to ask everyone to give to this annual Christmas Missions offering the equivalent of what they would give to a family member for Christmas. If every adult and teen in our Church family does this, we will reach our Everyone Needs Jesus Christmas Offering goal. We believe the Lord blesses those who are generous both in this life and in the next life.
Please read this letter carefully, and then specifically pray about what the Lord wants you to give to these outside ministry and missions projects. Then, as you receive direction from the Lord, give generously to the Everyone Needs Jesus Christmas Offering by giving online at www.celebrationchurch.org click “Give Online” then designate Christmas. You can also give your gift through our Celebration Church App, or by using the Everyone Needs Jesus offering envelope you will find in our worship centers.
There is always lots of speculation about when the “end of time” as we know it will occur (someone asked me about that even today). I don’t know when the “end of time” will occur, but I do know what will happen at the “end of time.” I know that the Lord will bless and reward those who’ve committed their lives to Him, and who have been generous in helping others. Jesus Himself spoke the following words in Matthew 25:34-40:
“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed Me. I was thirsty, and you gave Me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited Me into your home. I was naked, and you gave Me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for Me. I was in prison, and you visited Me.’ Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see You hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give You something to drink? Or a stranger and show You hospitality? Or naked and give You clothing? When did we ever see You sick or in prison and visit You?’ And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these My brothers and sisters, you were doing it to Me!’”
Grateful for such a loving, caring and generous Church family,
Lead Pastor, Celebration Church