Introduction to the 40 DAYS OF TRANSFORMATION
At Celebration Church, we know that God has great things in store for the people of our congregations in 2018. He wants to use us to bring people into His kingdom, restore and strengthen relationships, and provide hope for our communities. For this to happen, we’re going to have to improve our personal relationships with Him. We’re going to have to seek His face and His will. We’re going to have to become men and women of prayer. To make this a reality in our Church, our Lead Pastor, Dennis Watson and the Campus Pastors of Celebration Church, are leading us through a powerful Spiritual Growth emphasis titled 40 Days Of Transformation.
The 40 Days Of Transformation emphasis will include:
- 40 Daily Devotions and Prayer Guides, written by Pastor Dennis Watson, delivered via email and social media from January 1st – February 9th. Register to receive these daily devotions on your worship guide under the “My Decision Today” section.
- 1 Night of Prayer and Worship on Wednesday, January 3rd. This powerful prayer and worship service is built around the Model Prayer from Matthew 6:9-13.
- 5 Weekend Sermons beginning January 6th and 7th. Accompanied by powerful testimonies, our campus pastors will teach principles of prayer and life transformation from Ephesians 1 and 2.
- 5 Special Life Group Agendas for all ages corresponding to each of the Sermons in the emphasis for deeper Bible study and personal growth.
- 10 Days of Prayer and Fasting (January 8th – 17th). In the Bible, when God’s people were praying for something miraculous to take place, it was often accompanied by a time of prayer and fasting. At Celebration, we begin each year with a time of prayer and fasting, rededicating ourselves to the Lord while also praying for His will and purposes in our lives. Many people in our congregations choose one of the following types of fasts:
- Daniel Fast – Abstaining from sweets, meats, and wheats (bread).
- Partial Fast – Abstaining from one or two meals a day.
- Solid Fast – Abstaining from solid food for a portion or all of the emphasis.
- Non Food Fast – Abstaining from social media, television, certain forms of entertainment, etc…
- 5 Weeks of Children’s Home Learning Activities (Grades 1-4). A participation sheet will be sent home each week during the emphasis with 4 spiritual learning activities.
- Personal Resources for Continued Spiritual Growth
We encourage everyone to participate in the 40 Days Of Transformation emphasis, learning as much as you can so you can make these transforming principles a reality in your life. Click here _______ to receive the devotions beginning January 1st.
40 DAYS OF TRANSFORMATION Devotions
NEW YEAR, NEW DESTINY (Sunday, December 31)
The Lord – “I am the Lord, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator and King. I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea…But forget all that – it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new…I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.” (Isaiah 43:15-19)
Devotion – What do you typically do as you begin a new year? Do you reflect back on the good and bad of the previous year? Do you make plans, goals or resolutions for the new year? What would you like to see happen for you and for others close to you in this new year of 2018?
Tomorrow we begin a new year. We experienced many blessings last year, and we also had to deal with many struggles. But now we’re entering a new year – and if we come to know and follow God’s will for our lives we can experience God’s greatest of blessings in our lives. And that’s what we find the Lord communicating in our text (Isaiah 43:15-19) to the Israelite people of the Old Testament. At the time they had been through many difficulties in the past years. But the Lord was offering them a new destiny. And He offers the same to us as we begin 2018.
The People of God of that day found hope in those words from the Lord that were shared with them by the prophet Isaiah. They had hope because of what the Lord had done for them in times past. Has the Lord helped you in any ways in times past? Take a moment and thank the Lord for the blessings that He provided you with in the previous year or years.
The People of God of that day could also find hope in those words from the Lord because of the Lord’s promises to them in the present. In earlier verses in Isaiah 43 the Lord had said: “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” (Isaiah 43:1-3) Those same promises that God made to His people in that day are applicable to us in our day. The Lord will sustain and strengthen us, and bring new direction, strength and success to our lives if we pursue strengthening our relationship with Him.
To experience all the Lord has for us in this new year, we have to become men and women of prayer. So, in the coming 40 days we are going to learn how to become stronger and better prayer warriors. Charles Spurgeon wrote: “The power of prayer can never be overrated. They who cannot serve God by preaching need not regret. If a man can but pray, he can do anything. He who knows how to overcome with God in prayer has Heaven and earth at his disposal.” Let’s learn in the coming days how to pray like never before, so that 2018 will be our best year ever.
Follow-up Activity – List a number of blessings that you received from the Lord in 2017.
Prayer For Today – “Lord, today I want to be grateful because of how You’ve helped me in times past. And I want to be hopeful because of the promises You give me today for the present and the future. In the name of Jesus. Amen.”